We offer two main methods of learner registration:
This method allows you to create a class directly on the Class Registration page of the Course and Class Administration area by selecting one of your courses and uploading a learner file. This method is preferred where it is not possible to easily create a file containing all of the course, class, unit, qualification and learner data from a centre's system.
Detailed guidance notes are available in this document.
This method requires an Excel spreadsheet or CSV file containing one row per class per learner per unit, each with all of the following fields.
- the name of the course
- your unique reference for the class
- an Agored Cymru unit ID or code
- the code for any qualification being registered*
- the start and end date of the class
- any unique identifier you have for the learner
- given name
- family name
- date of birth
- the ULN (this is a 10-digit number unique to every learner. It can be obtained from the Learning Records Service)
- current home postcode
- employment status
- disability and/or learning difficulty
* including a qualification is not usually required in order for learners to achieve. However, there are often charging implications. Please refer to the published Qualification Guide for each qualification for details.
This method is better when the file can be produced automatically from a centre's system. These files can contain registration data for one or more classes. Automated class entry files are sent using the Upload page of the Secure File Transfer area. A record of succesfully uploaded files is available on the Upload History page.
For more information about this method of learner registration contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All learners must be formally registered with us within 40 working days of the start date of the class. Classes created by direct or automated entry will be listed on the Class Administration page of the Course and Class Administration area, where claim sheets for each class are also available for download. Claim sheets will be made available as soon as possible (immediately, in some cases) but within 10 working days of correctly submitted learner registrations.
For further information and support contact the administration team on email@example.com.