Please note: The location of this session is to be confirmed depending on restrictions at the time of the event.
Location will be confirmed at least 1 month prior to the session. If restrictions are still in place the session will be delivered online.
This event focuses on the following qualifications:
- Essential Application of Number Skills - Level 1
- Essential Application of Number Skills - Level 2
- Essential Application of Number Skills - Level 3
The event is suitable for those with responsibility for the assessment/internal quality assurance of these qualifications, and who are in a position to disseminate information and implement good practice within their own organisation. The centre must be currently offering Essential Skills Wales qualifications through Agored Cymru.
Attendees will review assessment materials and learner evidence and make judgements on whether:
- learner evidence is authentic, reliable and sufficient
- assessment practice and internal quality assurance is effective and fair
- standards are consistent across centres
- standards are comparable over time
- the sample includes leading practice.
You will have the opportunity to work with fellow assessment and quality assurance professionals, with the aim of developing a common understanding of Agored Cymru standards and to share expertise and leading practice.
Attendees will need to bring with them a digital device with an appropriate screen size, e.g. laptop, to allow them to access documentation required during the event.
We reserve the right to limit the number of places to two per centre, where there is high demand for the event.